API Level is an integer value that uniquely identifies the framework API revision offered by a version of the Android platform. The Android platform provides a framework API that applications can use to interact with the underlying Android system. The framework API consists of: A core set of packages and classes.
What does API level mean?
API Levels generally mean that as a programmer, you can communicate with the devices' built in functions and functionality. As the API level increases, functionality adds up (although some of it can get deprecated).
Choosing an API level for an application development should take at least two thing into account:
- Current distribution - How many devices can actually support my application, if it was developed for API level 9, it cannot run on API level 8 and below, then "only" around 60% of devices can run it (true to the date this post was made).
- Choosing a lower API level may support more devices but gain less functionality for your app. you may also work harder to achieve features you could've easily gained if you chose higher API level.
Android API levels can be divided to five main groups (not scientific, but what the heck):
- Android 1.5 - 2.3 (API levels 3-10) - Android made specifically for smartphones.
- Android 3.0 - 3.2 (API levels 11-13) - Honeycomb, Android made for tablets.
- Android 4.0 - 4.4 (API levels 14-19) - A big merge with tons of additional functionality, totally revamped Android version, for both phone and tablets.
- Android 5.0 - 5.1 (API levels 21-22) - Material Design introduced.
- Android 6.0 - 6.… (API levels 23-…) - Runtime Permissions,Apache HTTP Client Removed
"Softweb Tehcnology is Web & it Solutions Provider in Bangalore. We are mainly focused to offer superior, long-term and sustainable services to clients to fulfill their business intent."
"To grow both vertically and horizontally to establish ourselves on top as a preferred Web & IT Solutions provider."
"To Achieve excellence in providing the best Web & IT solutions to customers to meet their present and future business needs in the most efficient and effective way."
WEB & SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- Travel application
- E-Commerce application
- Realestate application
- Content management system
- Android Application
- Billing software
- Customer Relationship
- Management System
- Hr $Payroll software
- School Management Software
- Attendence management software
- Job Portal
- IOS Development
- Textile management software
- Sugar CRM Application