SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
What You need to Know About SEO starter guide cover How it’s done… in Plain English SEO web design gets top organic SERP, where the money is. The astute businessperson knows that and invests time, money and resources accordingly. But what, exactly, is SEO and why do you need to know about it? If you are a business man you need to be knowledgeable when hiring SEO services (including web design). If you are a web designer, you need to incorporate these basic specifications into your design jobs if you want to stay in business
What is SEO
- SEO is Search Engine Optimization. In general, it is the process of optimizing your site to achieve better ranking in the search engine results page (SERP) that you are targeting. We have found that there are three important parts to an effective SEO campaign. Those parts are on-page optimization, off-page optimization, and reporting. No one part is more or less important than the others so you would be well advised to focus on all three.
- On-page optimization is the process of making sure that the actual code and content on your site is well optimized. This includes ensuring that your site has the proper title tags, description tags, and unique content. It is also important to properly structure your data as well so that it is easy for the search engines to read the data.
- Off-page optimization is the process of building external links to your site. The best way to do this is to get actual links to relevant pages of your site as the result of true publicity, actual link exchanges with niche appropriate and industry related sites, and to get listed in all the major social media sites and directories.
- Reporting is important because if you don't know how your site is doing over time, you can't measure the results. This makes it very difficult to determine where your next step might be. There are many free tools like Google webmaster tools, and Google analytics, that you can use to help determine if your site structure is sound, and if your off page optimization is going well.
- Unique Page Titles Unique Meta Description Proper use of Headings (“headlines”)Domain name and URL structure
- Navigation- clear and easy for people and searchbots Optimize content- creative writing at its most precise Robots.txt (if you need it. maybe not.) sitemap.xml
- Because it takes more than just a pretty face to be number in search engine results pages. Pretty graphics and compelling calls to action are useless if they are not found by people using search engines to locate and buy what you have to offer.
- All those details listed above are just the basics. To really give your website a fighting chance in the SERPs requires not only great visual design techniques, but also technical skills, experience and intuition.