FasTag is a reloadable label that automatically deducts tolls and allows vehicles to pass through toll booths without stopping payments. It uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to make cashless payments through prepaid accounts associated with it.
The tag is attached to the windshield of the vehicle, and the RFID antenna in the awning of the toll booth scans the QR code and the tag identification number and then lifts the cantilever barrier to allow the vehicle to pass.
- FasTag is valid for five years and comes in seven different colors - purple, orange, yellow, pink, blue, green and black. Assign a specific color to each type of vehicle. FasTag is the perfect solution for easy travel on national highways. FasTag currently operates at all toll stations on national and state highways. As per new guideline of Highway Authority of India, FasTag will become mandatory for all vehicles to pass the Toll booths in near future.
Highlights of FasTag Program
- The tag uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology and is attached to the windshield of the vehicle. It allows you to pass the toll booth without having to park at the cash counter.
- FasTag is associated with a wallet and deducts the applicable fee amount.
- FasTag is currently operating at more than 450 Toll Plazas on national highways. More cities and state plazas will land in the future.
- Add money to your FasTag Account
- Scan the label when passing through the plaza
- Walking through the plaza